Monday, February 25, 2008

"Moonshine and the Devil" (in, Memories of Old Josh)

Memories of Old Josh, in:
Moonshine and the Devil
((Series Four/Episode #43)(Part two of two))

(1871) Old Josh drank his share of moonshine, but was no drunkard according to him, and right after that flintlock situation he wanted to prove it, matter of fact, he preached against it, believe it or not, one day, at the local church, he said this that Sunday morning:
“Da devil he, takes da fight out of da man, by feedin’ him da moonshine. It da trick he plays ya know, he knows if you is, or is if you is not da man to get drunk ever da. Da devil, he even uses me, says I cant stand her because I done drunk too much moonshine in me da, but da devil is not me boss, so I tells ya, boys and girls not to drink da moonshine, I is an ole timer, I can drink caz I is used to it, but you is not.”
It was a day, Silas and Jordon was proud of their old pa, and they showed it when they got home, they hid the moonshine, and Josh went crazy all night long, until he said the next day, “Please sons, tell me wey you done put my jug?”
Well, Silas and Jordon felt sorry for their pa, and went to the closest, where that there old flintlock was hiding, and pulled the jug out for Josh, and he was as happy as the rat in a hole with a ten-pound block of cheese.


Notes: Written at home, in Lima, Peru, the morning of 2-24-2008; the author is a recovering alcoholic, has not drank for 24-years, and does not promote drinking in anyway, but realizes there are those folks that can drink, perhaps sociably, but often it is not that way (because everybody wants to say that), and hopes people will look at their drinking, if you cannot stop drinking for a year, you got a problem, so the author believes. Also he is a good shooter, has several guns, and was in the Army for a decade. Shooting is a hobby for him, and so he wrote the sketch “Flintlock” again hoping folks take a look at how they use their guns, and to be careful, as well as with their drinking. He believes in the 2nd Amendment, the right to carry arms, totally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home